With the cluster’s own dynamics and lines of inquiry as a starting point, this project proposes to form a collective of academics, researchers, administrative personnel, university students, and municipal and associated partners to provide the voices of the history of Nanterre’s university (campus, institution, intellectual history) and its relationship to the region. Simultaneously, this requires, prior to the research, the invention of both the mediation along an urban circuit and ad hoc mobile, digital systems.
Attuned to the problematic elements of a history of the present (issues of oral history, of access to diffused archival sources, and of the role of the historical actors themselves in the writing of this history), this interdisciplinary project draws from a common research protocol: common guide, at least partial, studies on the appropriations of the past at each stage of the project; critical approach to the history in the making, notably via a monthly workshop and a blog; annual report…. For its first year, the project coincides with the university’s fiftieth anniversary.
Labex Les passés dans le présent (ANR-11-LABX-0026-01) (3 ans)
Frédéric DUFAUX, Lavue, Université Paris Nanterre
Virginie MILLIOT, Lesc, Université Paris Nanterre
Internal LABEX partners :
- Laboratoire d'ethnologie et de sociologie comparative (LESC) - UMR 7186
- La contemporaine | bibliothèque, archives, musée des mondes contemporains
External partners :
- Mosaïques - Laboratoire LAVUE
- Archives de l’université Paris Nanterre
- Radio AZ
- Société d'histoire de Nanterre
- Master d'urbanisme, aménagement et études urbaines de l'Université Paris Nanterre